Tuesday, October 6, 2015

VRAI AMOUR (true love)

Paper and Fabric  wall hanging~


 This was done for my parents; celebrating 60 years together!

This is their High School Graduation photos.
Using heavy chipboard as the base; I added various papers, linen, hanky edges, lace, netting, & punched paper. Some of the laces are vintage. There are a few silk flowers from (>) Treasors Deluxe  and ribbon... even a bit of washi tape (my dad is a musician so I added a bit of music washi tape.)  Well...  there's lots on here!  I rubber stamped  all the 'postal' stuff and the Vrai Amour.
 The wall hanging is Approximately 10"X10" & hangs from a sheer taupe colored ribbon.

I would like to tell you a little of their story~
They met in 6th grade and fell in love!  They started dating as soon as social norms would permit; and have been together ever since! Married 1 year out of high School.  Dad absolutely adores her to this day, and Mom is such a loving and faithful wife.  I could go on and on, but I will just stop here and say,   theirs, is a story of  "~Vrai  Amour~"
 
Have a wonderful day!
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Hello Karen,
    what a wonderful piece of lovely memory ,from way back. Your parents looks so beautiful, both, and your collaged hanger, is gorgeous .
    So romantic and with beautiful materials !!
    Karen I tried to comment yesterday, but can`t see it here,- maybe it did not come through ?
    I admire your creations, and am now following you !
    Greetings from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorthe!
      I have visited your blog many times! You are such an inspiration; and I THANK YOU! and feel honored that you visited today!
      Blessings to you,
      Karen
      PS I have moderation on my comments so that's probably why it didn't show up right away~ I've been away from a computer.

      Delete
  2. Karen, thank you very much, for your kind words, -your creations are so beautiful, and I`m very happy for Wen`s shout out about you, as that is how I found you .
    Yes ,you are right, my first comment is now shown, in your post below, --your boxes are so very lovely,- and thank you, I will be glad if you tell me when we can follow your blog , and I can add your rooster postmark if you like, with a link to your blog, or wait till you get another picture we can link to ?
    Blessings from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU DORTHE!!!
      I think I will have things in better order soon!?!
      I hope so!
      bless you,
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen..
    This is so beautiful! What a handsome couple that your parents make and what a special way to honor them. Your work is gorgeous.. I wanted to come by and say thank you for your visit and sweet comment on my blog. I will enjoy visiting your blog again very soon.. Have a wonderful, blessed day.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece of art to celebrate a beautiful love story. Thanks so much for sharing it! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a most gorgeous piece of work Karen! I'm sure your parents were delighted with it, it's a treasure. Take care you, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and dad did really like! : ) They are always most gracious when I "make" them something~ Thanks for the visit Wen!

      Delete
  6. This is just stunning! What brilliant detail and lovely photos. Your Mom is just beautiful! WOW! Thanks for sharing...I so love heirloom photos incorporated into art!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I don't know if you 'come back' to read replies, but they were both raised in MI!
      Actually I was too; just outside Detroit - till I was almost 12. Then Dad moved us to CO~
      I think my mom is verrry beautiful! : )Thanks for peeking in~

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for looking in Connie! Blessings to you all.~Karen

      Delete