Saturday, October 17, 2015


Paper Bag Anniversary Card~


I used a flat paper bag (like the one's you get at Hallmark when you buy a greeting card) and I simply folded it in half and decorated it~ I used scrapbook paper, a silk flower, some (canvas-like) gathered trim/ribbon and bits of stuff I had around! Beads, micro-beads, glitter and a paper doily...
There is a 'knot' of bright salmon colored seam binding to gather the bottom corner: ) It matched the paper so beautifully.  (Of course you can use the opening of the bag - now the back page of the card- to slip in a gift card or photo, etc.)
I will often do some kind of  sewing on my paper-crafts too.  I stitched a little along one edge of the bag.
The "Love Is..." scripture was a rub-on I've had for a long time~





Another paper bag card (vertical - one size smaller than lunch bag size: ) made with (>) Maja Designs scrapbook paper from Sweden~
There are beads,  washi tape, and some handmade paper flowers. I used seam binding for the bows and added a button, mini paper 'scrolls',  and a stick pin.
* A hint I'm sure most of you know about already! but if you want a nice 'stiff' bow, dip your seam binding in fabric starch (full strength or diluted,) squeeze out the excess and  let it 'mostly' dry. When it is slightly damp, iron it. Makes a nice crisp bow! : )

http://cdn.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/66/666597/IMGP00781.jpg

Neither of these cards contain any vintage fabrics or lace this time : /   but the style and quality of this Maja
paper brings a vintage-like  'look'  to these cards I think~



Thank you so very much for stopping in.  I have not been @ my computer for a while - I've been traveling with some of my family - but was able to hook up with my blog and thought I would post a few pictures.
I am a titch road weary and ready to be home; but our travels were lovely and probably very good for me : j
There is some emotional healing going on~

We have seen so much beautiful countryside - and Ohio this time of year is gorgeous.  The drive home to Colorado will bring wonderful scenery I'm sure! Though I am a  fan of the Summer months,  there really is no rivaling the Fall in terms of beauty;
 is there!?!  I have seen some wonderful old barns along the way, and wish I could stop and photograph each one!

Wish you blessings today~
Karen

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards both of them, so clever how you used the paper bag! Safe journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you so much Wen!!
      Thank you ooodles for stopping by~

      Delete
  2. I love your cards, Karen, and that they evolved from something so humble. Beautiful! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue!! I feel so blessed you came by today!

      Delete
  3. Karen, your cards are both very gorgeous, full of yummy layers and tattered bits, my favourite. Have fun travelling, remember it's the journey that counts...
    cheers,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word you are so right Jesse~ And it has been a good trip.
    I will remember this always.
    Hope all is well! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen hello, and thank you for your sweet greeting, as you can see your "button" is functioning as should, and I`m now following you . I also added your Rooster-mark as a link on my sideline on my blog ,and hope many others will find you, and your beautiful creations.
    I love both of your cards ,they are gorgeous ,in the many layers of beauty, and with all you have added of little lovely pieces. I`m all for tattered, romance,layers, flowers, and beauty, and they both fully live up to that, Karen.
    Greetings from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorthe I appreciate you so much! Thank you for your kindness!!~Karen

      Delete
  6. Karen ~ You card and tag are so lovely! I love how textured it feels with the torn paper, beads, fabric combination. I would imagine it is good for you to be traveling. No matter how tiring it is good to see new things and places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your visit very much Nancy!! And yes, the trip has been very memorable; I am soo glad we did it~ Karen

      Delete
  7. Love your projeckt, beautiful colours
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pia I am so glad you stopped in! I am a big fan of your beautiful work!!
    Thank you very much & I hope to visit you soon~
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so very much Marie!! I hope your week is wonderful~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your cards! They are so richly and beautifully embellished, it must be a real joy to hold them and look at them and find new things every time.
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments on my blog. I would love to respond occasionally to comments, but can't always do so if there isn't an email attached to the blogger account, it just comes up with noreply-comment@blogger.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU LIZ!! What an honor; such nice comments on my work.~ Paper crafting was my first love : )
    Well, I am so old school and am requiring some help with getting my self and blog up and running properly.
    I hope to be better 'enabled' soon!
    Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete