Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Vintage style Birthday Tag Card

Hello and welcome dear friends.  Here's my (seemingly) once a month post!  But alas it is what it is.
[ I do post on my Instagram - also called roosterhead designs~ but it's the same pics as here. : ) That is where my family follows me to see my cards...]
   This is a quick post of a Birthday card I made for my baby sis~  It's a tag style; using my oldest and dearest paper collections by K & Co.  called Ancestry.
When I first took up cardmaking I went to the local "Archivers" (remember them?!)
and I found a pad of this vintage style paper.  That was it; I was hooked!
* I apologize for the pooor photo quality.  I now use only my phone camera - and when the sky is grey and cloudy there is just no getting a good pic : (
I've incorporated some different textures with hopes of making it an interesting card! Cheese cloth, corrugated board, micro beads . . . The butterfly is cut from a Tim Holtz die.
I actually remembered to do a wet-emboss text stamp! >   When I have the pleasure of visiting Alison @ Words and Pictures https://alisonbomber.blogspot.com/she regularly does that (wet-embossed text) and I love the effect~
On the back I attached a mini envelope as I often do when enclosing a gift card or birthday $.
 The Birthday greeting was added later on, to the checkered paper.


I will be very busy the next several week.  It is year end accounting time~  But I hope to keep up my visits to your place! and see what beautiful things you are creating~

My wishes to you for a blessed Christmas Season and a Happy New Year Too!
Hugs,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. I love the layers you put into your beautiful creations and the use of the micro beads! Pretty embellishing of the butterfly and your idea to add the little envelope on the back is such a great idea!! I am sure your sister loved it! Glad you stopped by I didn't get the notice that you had posted a card :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so much for the visit and sweet words about my sister's card! I'm glad to have some creativity every so often! ; ) Love your blog Connie & always glad to see you~ Have a nice week-end! Blessings & Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the most perfect clusters of embellishments!!! The layers are gorgeous!!! Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie you are such a peach! Thanks for peeking in! Have a nice weekend~ Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  4. Hello dear Karen, such a gorgeous card, I love the beautiful papers, and how you always create to make my eye fly around to see all the wonderful details, the many layers of lovely papers, the sweet envelope idea on the back , and such amazing butterfly, on top the c heese cloth . Take care and don`t stress , dear friend- I wish you a happy Dec ember and weekend Karen. Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your visit to my blog Dorthe!! I have been away for a few days~ I was sorry for the bad photo's of this card and almost didn't post it : ) But there it is~ I will write to you and answer your email! I've bee a little busy right now but hope to soon~ Much love and blessings to you my friend, Karen

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen! First of all, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It was so great to hear from you! I hope all is well!!! Secondly, the birthday card you made for your sister is absolutely beautiful. It's so creative that you made it in tag style, and it has many gorgeous details! I love the envelope almost as much as I love the amazing card. Take care of YOU, stay well and healthy! I am off to check out your instagram account!!!!

    ReplyDelete