Sunday, June 16, 2019

Step on out baby girl!

Hello friends!  Did you enjoy your week-end?  I had some great quality time with grandkids and my daughter too~
Quick post - another rather grungy card with a vintage family photo, once again featuring  my mother-in-law.  I believe she is about 5 years old in these photo's.
I've always wanted to use these 2 photo's : ) In the first one she is kind of hiding in the shadows of the front door - and then she "steps on out!" into the sunlight, and the camera's view~
This card was very different, even for me I think.
I used some pressed flowers from several years ago.  My husband made me a flower press and he even grew the little Jump-up flowers you see here. 

 There's a titch of cotton lace, MS wild flower punch on the bottom, and some bits of my usual embellishments~  I snuck in a piece of that washi I've lately come to love, but I now think it was a bit out of place here. What do you think?   I'm a dare devil ; )  LOL!
Thank you so so much for taking time to peek in and see my card!
 I appreciate each one who stops to look. You mean the world to me~
 Hope your week  ahead is filled with beauty~
Hugs,  Karen



9 comments:

  1. Another sweet card Karen! More lovely photos of your Mother-in-law. She was certainly a cutie!! Love the colour on this and your pressed flowers are so lovely! A little word in your ear .. washi tape is never out of place!!! LOL!! Love it and love this card too!! big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely family weekend. Mine was very quiet, but I like it that way! This is a beautiful page, the soft doilies and trims framing the photos - what a sweetie! - and the scattered flowers - delightful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, I can so see why you would want to use these pictures, she is just darling here, and as always you have such great touches to it, I love the dried flowers, that reminds me I have some drying in an old phone book I need to get out and use. Beautiful use of your washi, lace and border punch, all perfectly put together! You have a great week too, glad you had some time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful dear Karen, I`m always in love with how elegant you are using the pearls, and the pansies are so adorable there, are you still using the press, your husband made you ? Such lovely tones too, the old photos , such treasures to have .
    Lovely you spend weekend with the kids and your daughter , - I envy you, lol ..
    Wishing you dear friend, a blessed rest of the week, I will write soon- Karen. Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daredevil washi addition works a treat Karen, sometimes we need to add a dot out of the ordinary to create an extra twist to our work. Although your vintage MIL photographs really speak for themselves, what lovely photographs. Another personal touch unique to you and your family. A created memory from a memory now that's the kind of creativity I love.
    Although two weeks have past since this post i'm sure those family days will stay within your heart for a long time, enjoy then enjoy some more. Happy Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those dried flowers added to your sweet card, very nice addition.
    I'm sure you enjoyed your time with those grandbabies and your daughter.
    Those are special times for sure.

    Stopping in to say hello~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Karen! Your card is simply beautiful. I love that you used these wonderful photos of your m-I-l and the fact that she's in the shadows and steps out in the sunlight is fabulous! All of your details and design are absolutely gorgeous, as always, my friend! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh friend....this is absolutely DELIGHTFUL!! And even more special reading your words about your dear hubby's contribution...I love that he's a part of this beautiful art piece. I hope you are having a wonderful Summer and keeping busy with all the best things in life. Sending heaps and heaps of hugs!

    ReplyDelete