Saturday, November 14, 2015

A  kind of   'grungy'?  Birthday Card!

 Well, hmmm,  What constitutes grungy anyway?!  Or, do you think this card turned out looking a little - - scary!?! : ) ( I don't even celebrate Halloween, but it kind of fits in that category!)  I don't know,  I had such a fun time making it!  But it is on the grungier side for me~  And just reminded me of a   'spooky' card! 
I'll chalk it up to experience : ) 

How is your week-end turning out?  I was able to get outside and get some yard work done; so that felt great!  But ask my muscles today! I'm a bit sore~
We are being blessed with warm weather today and Sunday.  Blue skies and 60 degrees!
Then, next week, we will see some snow~ YEAH! LOL I'm tryin' : )
Hope you are enjoying your part of the world today?  I know I'm enjoying mine~
Hugs and thanks to all who visit here!  Karen

I used ( > )  Jenni Bowlin  papers, some bits of corrugated board and machine stitching around the edges.
On the left side is some vintage (off white) lace and pleated black seam binding~
There is a cut-out little bird at the top, and some silver teeny seed bead stuff.
Lots of distressing ink from ( > )   Mr. Tim Holtz : )  too.

Here is a  bit 'brighter' shot!

That's it for today!  I thought I would sneak over to Wen's  Apple Apricot's Simply Neutrals Tuesday Linky Party!  
Lets see if there are a few new additions to check out!
Weekly linky party 
Wishing you the very best of Gods blessings today!   ~Karen 






17 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, Karen. Everything you create is wonderful, grungy or not! You have to love anything that comes from Tim! Glad you're having a good weekend! XO Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sue, Thanks so much for the comment on my grungy card! ; ) Yes true, Mr. TH is quite remarkable. Always something new and innovative @ his Wsite~
      Take care! Karen

      Delete
  2. I really like your card, Karen.. The little, stitched banners add a nice detail, too! Isn't layering so much fun? And just creating in general :) I'm glad you're having some nice weather. It has warmed up for us here, too. We had snow last week! Thank you for sharing and have a blessed weekend<3

    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tamara, thank you for the visit! you are too kind~ We will be gearing up for snow on Tues or Wed - - - Hope all is well. I had such a great visit @ your blog and hope to see more soon.
      Take care, Karen

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome to me~love the way you layer your papers. Amazing Look!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie U R a peach! Thanks for stopping in~ Loving your latest ideas friend : ) Karen

      Delete
  4. Dear Karen, it is so beautiful, the sweetness of the tiny banner and cut our bird, and love the words banners and laces.
    Really a bit grungy but I love it, and don`t feel any scaring here, lol.
    Happy to see you here today, and hope you are doing good. My sunday is almost over, soon dinner-time , and then a relaxing evening.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Dorthe~ you are probably fast asleep as I head into my evening here in Colorado : ) Bless you friend! to always have such beautiful comments for me! Appreciate your visit so much. Sweet dreams and wishing you a great new week ahead: ) Karen

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen, so nice to meet you. Your designs are incredible. Love this card and the details and special touches. So enjoyed my visit. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments. I'm your newest follower. Have a great Sunday and week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Celeste, what a great surprise and honor to have you visit here! I have seen your blog over the last year (but was not an 'official' blogger-so didn't comment : ) Anyhoo, I love your blog and how you share so many different things; from beautiful crafts, to recipes, and photography of beautiful things...
      Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for visiting and following; that really means a lot to me; a newbie. . . Hope your week will be wonderful~ Karen

      Delete
  6. That is so cool, great use of these papers, and I so love the layering of the little banners in the corners, with your laces down the side, I think this would make and excellent masculine birthday card myself, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie!! Happy to see you stopped in! I sent this to my son in law for his birthday : ) Have a nice week! We should get some snow tomorrow~ Karen

      Delete
  7. Hi dear Karen,
    I love everything about your beautiful card and I don't think it is grungy:)
    Hope you're not sore anymore. Thanks for your lovely comment.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My deepest thanks Marie! I soo appreciate your visit. I just love your inspiring blog; always a treat. Not too sore from raking : ) Have a great week~Karen O

      Delete
  8. A most beautiful card dear Karen! I love love birds, so you always make me happy with that :) I haven't put this week's party on the blog yet... lol, I must hurry. Sending you hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so very much Wen!! You always make me smile~ I appreciate your visit and all you do in hosting the Neutrals party! See you tomorrow (with a neutral post) I hope! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen you leave the best comments :) You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete