Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A paper bag birthday card

Hello friends~  I am so happy you peeked in today.
I want to share a little card I made, and just say hello to all who stop in.

Are you ready to welcome November with open arms? : )  I think perhaps most of you are!
And for those of us who prefer a warmer climate? [let's speak truthfully here, I don't like the cold! ]  --well, that's where the scripture  "be content . . .  In whatever state you find yourself"  comes in to play~
 Our circumstances, our 'situation' in life may be far from ideal;  but if we can't control it (like, say, the weather! or even my [still active] grief,)  then finding 'contentment' is a wise thing to do.
I don't care to much for the cold, but I love the colors of November! and the smell of fresh air and that great 'musty' smell of the piling leaves! So, if I bundle up good enough, the walks I take will be a blessing and help me to press into the changes in the air and give me plenty to still enjoy~~

Today I want to share a sort of grungy paper bag card I made for my sweet SIL; my brothers' wife.
Using some older My Minds Eye papers and a lot of distressing and peeling, this is all layered on top of a small 8"X4" (20.3X10.15cm)  kraft paper bag.
I'll write the sentiment on this tag; which has a little pocket to hold a gift card for her~It slides into the bag.
The little white happy birthday tag is dry embossed (with a folder.)
A little love spilling out of her mailbox : )  [and a bit of washi tape across the top left.]

Thank you!! for the visit~  And happy wishes for the rest of the week ahead.  Please know your blogs bring me so much happiness and inspiration!
Hugs to you,
Karen

16 comments:

  1. Dear Karen, I love everything about it. The torn edges, the beautiful papers, with sweet images, and the hearts you are letting fall out the letter box - such a lovely idea, also the tag with pocket.
    I, too, don`t like the cold, which also arrived here, but like you , I have to tell myself to enjoy other beautiful nature gifts, and walks in the rain, even.Just bundle up good as you say :-)
    I wish you a lovely rest of the week, my dear friend. Sending you love, and warm hugs. Dorthe <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dorthe~ Your comment means a lot to me : ) Yes, let us look for all the blessings in what we have in the present time <3 Take care and big hugs, Karen

      Delete
  2. This tag is so beautiful Karen, your SIL will be very happy about it! All this wonderful layering and the beautiful details! Autumn is a special season... and there is always a bit of sentimental touch to it. We have to be positive and enjoy as much as possible.
    Wishing you a happy start of November !
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Susi! Thank you for the visit and kind comment~ I wonder what your weather is like right now. I hope it is wonderful (Hoping your beautiful dogs are both doing well -do they keep you walking daily? : ) Hugs to you, Karen

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord! Your attitude in regards to the colder weather and even the grief you continue to bare is such a glory to God. :)
    Now that card...gorgeous! I LOVE those hearts of love spilling out of the mail box, just too cute!!

    Enjoy joy your day in all its glory~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie! I'n so glad you enjoyed my card. I've been reading, praying and working on my heart : )
      I truly want to be content and know God has my whole life in His hands (and control: ) Wishing you a wonderful week ahead~ Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen!! It's always such a pleasure to see a post from you on my Reading list .. I do so look forward to seeing what you've made. This paper bag card is gorgeous!! The papers are so pretty and I love torn edges! The texture of the birthday tag and the love spilling out of the mailbox are such a lovely addition!
    I actually envy your touch of cold! It's very hot here in Adelaide at the moment and I am not one who likes the heat! Still, we need to make the most of our days, regardless of the weather. Enjoy the rest of your week dear friend and stay warm!! Hugs and Blessings to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marg and thank you for the visit to my blog!! I love to see that you've stopped in anytime~
      Well my dear friend I should be glad to trade you some cold & rainy weather for some of your warmth!
      But since that will probably not happen - -yes, I will make the most of my days; whatever the weather brings! Loving hugs and wishing you blessing too~ Karen

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Karen, I love the distressing and tearing, you have made a lovely collage card with all the layering, great way to give a gift card!
    Special creation for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Connie! You are a sweetie~ I appreciate your comments and visits always. Your blog is an inspiration! Take care. Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful card Karen!
    I love the scappiness and frilliness and vintagey look of it! I am sure your sil will love it!
    I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send wishes of peace and healing Karen.
    sending a big warm hug as well Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I appreciate you so much~ Hope it is a good week ahead for you; I'll be watching for your next post : ) <3 hugs to you, Karen

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi LeAnne~ What a blessing to have you stop in! Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I had a chance to peek into your blogs and it was great! Beautiful work; love your card making! I plan to visit again soon. Hope you have a blessed rest of the week~ Karen

      Delete
  8. This is delightful - light bright colours and lovely shabby chic texture in the patchwork layers of paper. The embossed tag is a really great touch. This would brighten anyone's day, November or not.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, this is gorgeous!!! And I hope you know how much happiness and joy you bring me in seeing you create + share again! It's simply heartwarming to read your posts and see your beautiful work. You have such a way with words and making all things so positive. You are so inspiring to me! And I love your art sooo much! This little number is no exception! The shabby layers are SO perfect! Hope it's not too terribly chilly there just yet. Here it's fully a winter wonderland! But I'm grateful for the longer crafty opportunities! :)

    ReplyDelete