Monday, September 14, 2015

Generations Wedding Album

Generations  Wedding  Album

Hi and welcome!
Starting over in Blogland isn't easy!! But here goes my second post : )

I thought perhaps I would post an album I made a while back... for myself!
(How often does that happen?!?  Not very ; ) Don't often make things 'just for me', but I
acquired some great old family photo's and wanted to create a keepsake~

I created an album of wedding pictures from some of my late husbands family; and mine as well~
Though I made this over 2 years ago, I wanted to make sure it got into my blog.
It is my most cherished creation and one of the pic's dates back to my Great-great Grandparents on my fathers side~

There is something about vintage B&W pictures that... makes me want to create!
I want to see them displayed with beautiful papers, laces and bits of ephemera.
I am often inspired and filled with idea's when old photo's are in my hand.
Thank you so very much for stopping by~
Karen

This is the cover (about 6"X6")
Made with white corrugated board, some vintage sheet  music (a gift from my father!) and the chipboard is from (click here>) Blue Fern Studio's. I traced and cut out a mannequin from black paper for backdrop.
Most of the papers used in this album are from Prima; (>) http://www.primamarketinginc.com/  the Almanac and Printery collections~


This page above is my mother's parents~ Juliette and Michael Renee (his middle name); they were French Canadian.
The fussy-cut bird and nest was G45 Little Darlings paper. The chipboard vines are Blue Fern Studio's and the bird cage is a die cut.

My husbands grandparents (mothers side);  Kate (Catherine) and Chuck -  but we all called him "Poppy"~  He was a gardener by trade and had several green houses where he made his living. Grandma Kate was a kindergarten school teacher for many years.
The chipboard is again, Blue Fern. That cute hanger from Tim Holtz.


Here is my parents! Isn't my mother a beautiful bride!
I used lots of home made flowers (Prima papers) and the butterfly; Blue Fern.

This is my fathers grandparents~ I've heard some stories about them!!! Can you see the twinkle in their eyes?  All of the buttons used in this album are vintage - from grandma's jar.


My husbands parents~ With the Grooms parents (Grandma & Grandpa "O") on the left; and  the Bride's parents (Kate & Poppy) on the right. I used some wedding Applique, home made flowers, lace, ribbon and the beautiful bird paper is My Minds Eye. 


What a fun page this was!
Alan's Great-Grandparents above (at their Anniversary party - there was no wedding photo)~ I've always known them as 'Oma & Westy'  He was quite the old salty dog!  Joined the army by lying about his age ; ) and claims he helped chase Pancho-Villa through Mexico~


There are a few more pages...  but I think I will end with this one below.  My fathers parents~
Again, a mix of BF Studio's chipboard, hand made flowers, corrugated board, lace, netting, and Prima papers~

I am so thankful you joined me today!!!! Much blessings to you and I hope you can get out and enjoy the beautiful day God has gave, : ) ~Karen



3 comments:

  1. Karen, your album is pure elegance!! So romantic and beautiful!! So nice to see you having some time for yourself, getting creative! So lovely yo have you back hon! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabi You are so so kind~ Thanks for your friendship; your work is amazing and I always learn so much from you. Blessings, Karen

      Delete
  2. Karen,
    Your scrapbooking collages are so beautiful! I especially love the wedding one with the birds' nest. Thanks for the inspiration. Aren't you lucky to have these great old family photos?
    cheers,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete