Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Birthday tag, and a sweet old pic~

Hello to you friends!  Thank you for joining me today~

How are things in your corner of the world?  We are cold and grey today, but the bright spot for me is dinner tonight with my daughter and grandkids!  (Then off to church.)  I count myself fortunate to be able to see them so often~~  This is the first time I've lived closer than 900 miles away!  So it's been wonderful to be just a few miles down the highway.

I created a little tag for my baby sis's birthday.  She is 7 years my junior, but we are super close friends!  I do miss seeing her,  like when we lived in the same city, but we talk often.

I have used Kaisercraft papers (Romantique collection) and a piece of Tim Holtz filmstrip.  A resin frame from Prima and (of course) some bows and ribbon.
I 'fussy-cut' a bit of flowers to attach to the frame,   and a single little blossom for the filmstrip; mounted with a foam dot for dimension.  *Can you read 'Paris' behind the film? : )
The 'love' is cut with a T Holtz die. https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product?id=316463&sscid=b1k2_eahz7&utm_source=ShareASale&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=244984

My sister, Jane, is the youngest of the 6 kids in my family. (I was child #4)
She is such an amazing woman!  full of life, love and compassion - and is deeply committed to several very serious causes (one being the fight against human trafficking . . .)
As a toddler, we used to carry her around everywhere! Always soo cute; she was our "baby doll."

Here is a picture of her  on the right,   when she was about 4 years old.
See those little 'arms open wide'?! : )  she is still that way today.
Jane is also a very avid hiker in Colorado and has climbed many of the " 14ers" (mountains in CO over 14,000 ft-- there are 52 peaks in that category).  The photo is from a mini album I made for her Many years ago.  That is our parents on the left~


 I thank you so much for peeking in!  And hope you have a beautiful rest of the week.
I would love to hear what you have been up to : )
Wishing you blessings and hugs,
Karen <3


12 comments:

  1. Hello dear Karen! Your tag is so beautiful!! I love the resin frame and all the pretty ribbons! Your little sister was a little cutie and I can certainly understand that she was your little baby doll!! I'm sure she will treasure this.
    We have had some lovely warm weather down here which is to be expected as we are heading into our Summer. I love it when it's like this, beautiful and sunny and around 22 degrees celsius .. fabulous! Spring is my fave time of the year. The weather can be a bit unpredictable (we had a massive thunderstorm last week) and, although it's getting warmer, the temperatures are quite pleasant and still bearable. By the time Summer comes around though, it can get extremely hot and I'm afraid I'm not good with that at all.
    Have a lovely day Karen! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive tag and beautiful ribbons.
    greeting- evi erlinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tag for you little sister! She was a real cutie at this picture! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, sweet friend! Your card is simply magnificent! I love the colors and textures. You truly amaze me with your creations.

    I hope you have a blessed day. It's been quite cold here as well, but today it's supposed to warm up - yay! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, dear Karen. Filled with romance and love for your sister,-lovely with the cut out flowers, really love you placed one on the filmstrip, and the word too. I take the bows as your signature , dear friend, and they always add such sweetness, to your creations, and also here. I love bows, too !!
    Your sister looks so sweet, and lovely parents of yours!!
    I wish I , too, could go have dinner with my daughter, but that is only after the long travel , as you know :-) and you kn ow, too how it is having them in a long distance .
    I hope your evening will be happy and peaceful, dear friend, you will hear from me in the weekend .
    Hugs and love from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your tag is just gorgeous, I love how you put the film stip on there and have the sentiment going across, the frame is so pretty and your ribbons to top it off are gorgeous, she will love this. I like the pages you shared also, I bet she was thrilled with that and still cherishes it!
    So glad that you live close to your kids and grandkids, that is so very special, I do miss my daughter, she is living 14 hour drive from us.
    We are cold here too, and just had 5 inches of snow, but some of it melted today and they say with the above freezing temps tomorrow and sun a lot will melt tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful gift tag for your baby sis! And what an accomplished hiker she is, bless her!It is so good to have a sister to be close to- I have 4 of them! heeheee
    sending hugs to you Karen!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Karen, I'm a little behind on visits, but I'm so glad to see this sweet post today! Your sister sounds like an inspiring, kind woman, and it's so nice to hear how close you two are. I bet she misses having you nearby too! This is such a gorgeous, feminine, elegant tag! I'm in love with the layered bows, and the filmstrip detail (I can definitely see 'paris')! I am sure your little sis will love it. Sending you soooo many hugs and THANK YOU so much for your love and wonderful feedback on my blog! I appreciate it more than words can say! And I'm so excited that you're on instagram too! I might have to get your daughter to help me too! ;P Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the layers on your tag - so much for the eyes and the fingertips to delight in. And how lovely to get a glimpse of the recipient (even if from many years ago) in your lovely little family album... a beautiful place to keep all those memories.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and so YOU!!! Best wishes karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a real beauty, I loved examining those layers upon your tag with it's frame and film strip. Such lovely papers. Your Sister will adore it.
    Your mini album is full of treasured memories, always a blessing to have something like this to hand that we can flick through and discover our yesterdays all over again.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous again, Karen. Sisters are so special. I only have one, and she's my besty too. I'm sure she will love this - the fussy cut flowers look so effective. I always enjoy your blog - and it looks really professional to me. I see you're using Blogger - you commented about having trouble with spacing after pictures -just put in an extra line return (enter) after your text, and after the photos. If you look at in preview you can check it and take out any line returns you don't like. I hope that's helpful to you.
    Love and hugs,
    Jesse XXX

    ReplyDelete