Friday, December 11, 2015



A  "SCRIPTURE  SNIPPET" ~

Hello and  THANK YOU!  for stopping in today~
We have had some warm weather this week and it felt good for my bones! Mmmm. This Friday morning is blue skies and warming up~  But  snow is on it's way soon! Well, I will look for the beauty in it all : )

 What started out to be a  'snippet roll'   for my sister (a Christmas gift)  - [and it is my first time creating one] - turned into this vintage style 'scripture snippet' wall hanger~  (you will have to search  Pinterest to see what a real  "snippet roll" is! : ) But, it looks basically like this below, but easily rolls up and often tied with a pretty bow.    This one!?  Won't roll up! (too much cardboard . . . *sigh*. . .)

My baby sis Jane has several favorite scripture verses and I printed a few out to add to this mixed media (paper and fabric) collage.   But as I got going, I over-did the corrugated board!  etc... and it won't even  roll up.  Oh, that's OK, lets come up with a Plan 'B'!  *smile*
This was the best photo I could get of  'the whole thing' at once.   It is a good 16" long and maybe 5" wide.  I used a base strip of vintage linen, which wraps around a stick of Elm from my back yard!
Distressed gold seam binding for the hanger. 
I will be sharing  LOTS  of photo's! So be prepared if you would like to join me!

Here is the top section:
The lace (@the top) with gems, was purchased locally in a very old and eclectic  fabric shop that specializes in bridal lace.  Isn't it pretty!? I love the muted taupe color~  I cut a few 'snippets' of it to embellish elsewhere on the collage.
Most of the scriptures' are printed on paper from Beatrize Jennings shoppe:  Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/iralamijashop
and mounted on kraft and white corrugated board.  There are 'snippets'  of laces, and I blanket-stitched a heart made from natural batting. XO
There is a strip of gold seam binding, ruffled, and stitched from top to  bottom onto the background linen.



Here is the center section:
  The scripture sentiment is embellished with a bit of the taupe lace.  I made the flower (looks darker than it is) from some K&Company Ancestry Collection paper; which has been discontinued for several years : (  It is my favorite paper ever!  and was what I first started out with when I  began making cards 6 years ago.
There is a white twill tape bow behind the flower, and the buttons are mother-of-pearl.  Jane will especially like these because they came from our grandmothers jar!  I fussy-cut some lace flowers from a damaged piece of table runner,  and  the chipboard  butterfly was a gift from my friend >  .Melissa.  
The 3 sweet images I used on this were  freebies! from the beautiful and generous >    Kerryanne    at Shabby Art Boutique.  I made a second heart; blanket-stitched with gold embroidery floss,  and added a flower snippet from the taupe lace. 


 Here is the bottom section: 
 Isn't that little girl the sweetest image!?!  It reminded me of Jane when she was just a little peanut! (There she is in the photo below, - - from a mini album I made for her a few years ago: )
 And the scripture above speaks a testimony to Jane's beautiful life~

I have included several photo's and close-ups of the collage below!
Thank you so much!!! For taking time to visit today~  Blessings,  Karen





Have a wonderful week-end!  I imagine it will be a busy one for so many of us: )  ~Karen

18 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet Karen, what a stunning creation! I am truly amazed at every little detail you have added. Your eye for beauty shines through and it is quite obvious this was made in love. Simply stunning!

    Enjoy your weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit Stephanie!! This collage came together so easily (this time! : ) I had it planned out in my mind~ I appreciate you so much! Thanks for commenting. I imagine you'll be busy this week-end! God bless, Karen

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I'm sure your sister will be delighted to receive this gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alveen! Thanks so much for the comment! So glad you took a peek in today : ) Have a nice week-end ~Karen

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen. What a beautiful creation that you have made for your sister. I'm sure that she will cherish it for years to come. That it doesn't roll up doesn't matter...who would want to roll it up anyway? It's far too beautiful to hide any part of it! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a peach Sue! : ) Thanks for stopping in today! Your comments always make me smile. Oh, and thanks for the advice last time about blog lay-out; It helped! Blessings, Karen

      Delete
  4. Beautiful project and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie!! You are so special~ Always appreciate your visits. Have you gotten any TX snow yet!?! LOL Have a blessedd Sunday~ Karen

      Delete
  5. Oh Karen, this is so very beautiful, your sister will be so very happy to recieve this gorgeous masterpiece.
    And you say you haven`t made a snippet roll/hanger before. So many adorable details, like your heart and butterflys, your flower and the sweet images - and beautiful scriptures!!!
    Sucg a gift from your heart.
    Karen I hope you are fine and well, and that you recieved my last e-mail from 25/11 ?
    Have a beautiful Sunday, here it is already dark.
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! so much Dorthe~ I appreciate your kind words : ) I enjoyed making this for Jane.
      Yes I did receive your e-mail; and I remember answering it. But when I just now looked back it is not there! So I must have done something wrong. : l I am not surprised by me: l One wrong button and I never know! I will answer again right now! And I did receive your beautiful card!!! It is displayed in my dining room : ) Bless you, ~Karen

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I feel so honored you came by to see me! What a blessing. Thank you so much~ Karen

      Delete
  7. Oh my Karen that is just gorgeous, mixing my two loves, papercrafting and sewing. She is going to just cherish this sweet gift I am sure, such wonderful touches, Beautiful gift!! Love your mix of the paper and lace, and those sweet hearts, Beautiful creation Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie you are such a peach! Thank you for your comment and for peeking into my blog today! It was so much fun to create. You know how some things just seem to come together easily? This sure did. Have a great week friend~ Karen

      Delete
  8. This is such a gorgeous and special gift for your sister, dear Karen. I'm sure she will treasure this forever.
    Love every detail. Have a lovely week and thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you sweet Marie! I am thrilled you stopped to see my snippet today! Hugs back to you and hopes for a great week~ We are covered in snow. ~Karen

      Delete
  9. Hi Karen, what a beautiful and special gift you have designed. Your sister will love it. You are such a talented artist and everything you create is stunning. I am trying to catch up with you here this morning and so glad I didn't miss this post.
    Wishing you a special day sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste I thank you for the visit and comment~ I know what a busy gal you are! So please know it means a lot to me that you take the time to share~ I hope you have a blessed week-end! Are you ready for Christmas!? hugs to you, Karen

      Delete